We want to thank and congratulate the over 75 employers and 270 participants across Ontario who came together and made the 2016 Disabilities Mentoring Day a great success! Each year more and more businesses and persons with disabilities work together to help bridge the employment gaps that exist in our community. We look forward to 2017 and the opportunities that it will bring. If you would like information about participating in DMD as a community partner/coordinator, or to participate as an employer, please contact Jamie Burton: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next year’s event will be Wed. Oct. 25.
Sponsorship opportunities open January 23, 2017
What is DMD?
Mission: Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day utilizes technology to help bridge the talent, communication and knowledge gaps between business, employment and community supports, and persons with disabilities
Goals for Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
When is this day held?
Disabilities Mentoring Day will be held on October 25, 2017. The day is always held on the last Wednesday of October.
Want your city to host an event, contact email@example.com
Visit us in the new year for information about registration for 2017.
If you would like information about participating in DMD 2017 as a community partner/coordinator, or to participate as an employer, please contact Jamie Burton: firstname.lastname@example.org.