Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day will be on October 30, 2019
We are improving access to employment for people with disabilities across Canada.
A lot can happen in a single day!
“I was really impressed with this organization and really enjoyed spending time with my mentee. I believe that more large organizations would really benefit from becoming involved with Dolphin DMD. Thank you! “
Here’s what people have to say about Dolphin DMD:
“Participating in Dolphin DMD was a great experience to get me out of my comfort zone. In spending time with my mentee and learning about his past, his work experience and his aspirations, I was able to see beyond his disability and think about opportunities in our organization, as well the broader market in general.” – Howard Cohen – TD, SVP National Accounts
“We had the most wonderful mentee and then we hired her. We would have never found her.” Wilma Olive-Mills, Owner, Dolphin DMD 2018 Mentor
What is DMD?
Mission: Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day utilizes technology to help bridge the talent, communication and knowledge gaps between business, employment and community supports, and persons with disabilities
Goals for Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
When is this day held?
Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day is always held on the last Wednesday of October.
Want your city to host an event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information about participating in Dolphin DMD as a community partner/coordinator, or to participate as an employer, please contact Jamie Burton: email@example.com.