Be part of Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day 2020!
When: Wednesday, October 28, 2020
If you would like information about participating in Dolphin DMD as a community partner/coordinator, or to participate as an employer, please contact Jamie Burton: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year, for the first time, participants may join us virtually from any location! Stay tuned for more information on how you can connect this year.
What is Disabilities Mentoring Day?
Mission: Dolphin Disabilities Mentoring Day utilizes technology to help bridge the talent, communication and knowledge gaps between business, employment and community supports, and persons with disabilities
Goals for Disabilities Mentoring Day:
- To provide mentees access to workplace contacts, environments, skills, & HR process,
- To increase confidence among students and jobseekers with disabilities,
- To enhance internship, co-operative education and employment opportunities for persons with disabilities,
- To dispel employers’ fears about hiring people with disabilities and promote disability confidence,
- To give employers an opportunity to benchmark themselves as being accessible to what is a largely untapped pool of talent as well as a massive consumer market.
Interested in bringing Disabilities Mentoring Day to your community?
Contact Jamie Burton email@example.com